[UPDATE] The competition is now over and a winner has been picked. If your name is James Howard (@jimpower64) then congratulations you have just won yourself a copy of the game on your platform of choice. We will contact you via Twitter shortly for more details. And here are his comments on the game series from below:
I enjoy the Dead Space franchise. I loved the blend of action and survival horror in the first Dead Space. The culmination of design from sci-fi films like “Event Horizon” and “The Thing” with the aesthetics of H.R. Giger’s style made for a horrifying and unforgettable environment.
Dead Space 2 had more action but it was still enjoyable and the addition of more schizophrenic scenes were most welcome. The mini interactive graphic novel game was interesting if you played it before Dead Space 2 to see a fully realized person (from the interactive novel) in 3D “explode”. Surprisingly enough Dead Space: Extraction was a lot of fun as a co-op experience and actually explored the universe in some interesting ways.
Some of the other transmedia devices like the animated movies and books were okay additions to the franchise that felt like side items that didn’t add much overall. If anything one of the few things I recall about the series was the body language that Isaac Clarke had in the first game.
Maybe it was just me but by the end of the game when you get to the last boss it looks at though his character gives off a sigh of an expression with his shrugging shoulders like “alright, let’s just fucking finish this”, and it left a lasting impression on me.
Anyway, here’s to hoping I win. Thank you for the contest.
Dead Space 3 is the latest instalment in the series which brings Isaac Clark and a merciless soldier, John Carver, on a journey across space to discover the source of the Necromorph outbreak. Their craft crash lands on a Tau Volantis and the pair must work together to repair their craft and survive the harsh environment. Check out the launch trailer below and the homepage at deadspace.com for more details.
So, how do you stand a chance of winning yourself a copy? Very simply, complete any or all of the methods of entries on Rafflecopter below and keep your fingers crossed. Good luck!
Information and Rules
- The deadline for this competition is February 13th 2013, please see the Rafflecopter for the time.
- This competition is open to North American and UK/Europe residents only. The prize will not be sent elsewhere.
- You must be aged 17 or over in North America, or 18 over in UK/Europe to enter this giveaway.
- The winner will be picked at random. Our decision is final.
- The winner will be contacted to provide their full name and address and the platform choice of the game (Xbox, PS3 or PC). These details will be passed on to the publishers who will send the game.
- No alternative prizes will be offered.
- If you have won one of our previous competitions you can still enter and be eligible to win.
- The winners name will be published either on the competition page, a separate post or a tweet usually within 48 hours after the competition has ended.
- The winner has seven days to reply to claim the prize, otherwise the prize may be given to someone else.