Plantronics have launched a new headset that combines gaming and mobile capability into one.
If you are like me, someone who plays games with a headset instead of TV/PC speakers you will probably know how annoying it is when you get a phone call on your mobile phone. You have to remove the headset or move it to one side, pause the game (or hide in a corner on multiplayer) and answer a call. It takes you out of the action which is not good!
The Plantronics RIG headset features a mixer which connects to your PC or games console and your mobile phone. With a simple tap of a button on the mixer you can switch between either input and not have to worry about the inconvenience of the above mentioned issues. The mixer allows you to adjust the volumes for each input as well as a master volume. You can try it for yourself with an interactive demo at http://www.plantronics.com/us/rig/ or watch the video below.
Additional features of RIG include:
- An innovative mixer – the heart of the RIG system – seamlessly connects the virtual world and the real world. Find the perfect mix of game audio, voice chat and smartphone audio with twin sliders, and take a call with one touch.
- Interchangeable mics – the noise-cancelling boom blocks background noise for clear communication, and can be swapped out for the inline mic with mute and call control – for music, chat or gaming on the go.
- Street style industrial design reflects the RIG system’s premium performance and active lifestyle orientation. A gaming headset that looks as good on the street as it does in the living room.
- Ultra-comfortable ear cushions and headband are designed for marathon gaming sessions. Soft ear cushions provide long-wearing comfort, and the headband has the right level of tension for a perfect fit.
- Offering universal compatibility with PC/Mac, Xbox 360, PS3, smartphones and tablets, RIG elegantly moves between computers, consoles and mobile devices without missing a beat.
You can find out more about the Plantronics RIG headset at http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/rig. We will have a review of the headset soon.1